Thursday, November 5, 2009

What Is Love?

Every day I learn more and more about how selfish I am. Lately I have been thinking alot about how to show love to others, and I realized that I love people selfishly. I don't look past myself and the way I want to be loved. In order to most effectively show the love of Christ to those around me I need to completely rid myself of all selfish desires. This means I need to push past my comfort zone. I may need to do things that don't come naturally to me. But nothing about the way Jesus loved people was comfortable or easy. He looked to meet needs, not to look good. I hope I can learn from His model and love others more selflessly.

"For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another." -Galations 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment